1. A deposit of £100 is payable on booking, the booking is not secured until receipt of the deposit. The balance is due six weeks prior to the arrival date. If the balance is not received then the cottage may be re-let and the deposit will not be refunded.
2. Provisional bookings are held for up to seven days pending receipt of deposit. Please note that a booking made by telephone or the web form and not confirmed as above will not be treated as definite and after the expiry of the seven day period the property may be hired by someone else.
3. In the event of cancellation, you must inform us by letter or e-mail. 50% of the deposit will be refunded up to 8 weeks prior to the arrival date. After this date the deposit is non refundable. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel the booking we will refund in full any booking fees paid to us but will not be liable for any consequential or other loss. We recommend that clients take out appropriate insurance cover for cancellations.
4. The cottage is available from 4 p.m. on the day of arrival until 10.30 a.m. on the day of departure.
5. The cottage is let and furnished for up to four adults and this number must not be exceeded without prior approval. A travel cot and high chair are provided.
6. All waste (sinks, shower, toilet) goes into our septic tank. To maintain its correct operation it would be appreciated if guests only use eco-friendly cleaning fluids and dishwasher tablets. Your personal shampoo and soaps are fine for use, and we provide bags for sanitary products – please do not flush these down the toilet.
7. All bookings are accepted on the condition that the property is left in the same state of repair, order and cleanliness both inside and outside as it was presented to you at the start of your holiday. The person who made the booking will be responsible for paying for any breakages, damage or extra cleaning costs if so required. Major breakages should be reported to us immediately. Please advise us of minor breakages at the end of your holiday..
8. The proprietors are not responsible for any accident, loss or damage which may be sustained by any client, member of the party, or visitor or their property however caused.
9. All cottage fuel costs are included.
10. Sorry no pets. Assistance dogs are welcome but must not be allowed onto any bedding or soft furnishing in the property and must be provided with their own bedding or blanket by the client to protect the owner’s floor coverings and furnishings. Dogs must be on a lead at all times when outside and not allowed to roam freely. This is due to the possibility of livestock being in the surrounding fields.
11. No smoking within the cottage.